When you visit our website www.zippo.ie, some cookies or other tracking technologies may be stored on your device (computer, tablet or smartphone).
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES?
Cookies are small text files which contain an amount of data generated when you browse on a website and installed in your internet browser.
The other tracking technologies, such as web beacons, pixels or clear gifs, work similarly to cookies.
Cookies and other tracking technologies are used to monitor your activity on the website by enabling us (through first party cookies) or thirds (through third party cookies) to collect information about how you use the website and enhance the way it works and your visit on our website.
There are two types of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies.
- Session cookies are temporary and therefore automatically deleted from your device every time you close your browser;
- Persistent cookies remain on your device for a period of time specified in the cookie and are activated every time you visit the website which installed it.
WHAT TYPE OF COOKIES DO WE USE AND FOR WHICH PURPOSE?
We use 2 types of cookies: strictly necessary cookies, for which we do not require your consent, and third-party cookies, for which we require your consent.
If you do not consent to the implementation of third-party cookies, these cookies will not be implemented in your browser. If so, some of the functionalities of the site may not be accessible, and your browsing experience lessened.
Strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are necessary for the proper operation of the services provided on the website.
They are used to provide the basic functionalities of the website, such as the operation of the shopping cart, the ability to create a personal client account, or remember the information you have provided on the website.
In particular, we use a cookie to allow you to place orders on our online shop and benefit from the features of your account. This cookie has a 24 hours lifespan from its implementation on your device.
We also use the following cookies:
- The “PHPSESSID” cookie for security reasons. This cookie is a session cookie and is therefore deleted when you close your browser;
- A cookie allowing the administrators of the website to access the Backoffice information. This cookie has a 480 hours lifespan.
- A cookie allowing our cookie banner to hide. This cookie has a 1-year lifespan.
If you disable these cookies, you will no longer be able to use these features and the website might not work as efficiently as it should.
In some cases, we use third parties to manage our cookies.
Third parties may also use their own cookies or other tracking technologies to collect information about your activity on the website, in particular to provide you with personalized advertisements on their own websites.
Some social network cookies might also be installed on your device to allow you to interact on social networks, such as Facebook or Twitter.
We are in no way involved on the implementation and functioning of such cookies and have no access or control overs such third-party cookies. These cookies are subject to their own cookie policies, which are accessible on each third-party website and to which we invite you to refer to.
We are therefore not responsible for the data collected by these cookies and cannot provide you with further information regarding the nature of information collected by these third-party cookies.
YOUR CHOICE REGARDING COOKIES
As indicated above, we request your consent to the implementation of third-party cookies directly from the cookie banner which is accessible during your first visit to the home page of our website.
If you do not click on the “I accept” button, such third-party cookies will not be implemented on your browser.
- You can choose to delete all or some cookies from your device through your browser settings;
- You can choose to prevent cookies from being installed on your device through your browser settings.
To learn more on how to manage cookies usage from your browser, please follow the following links for each browser:
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647&p=cpn_cookies
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Cookies
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
Or send us an email.