The Zippo Hand Warmer
Want to take your outdoor adventures to the next (warmer) level? Get to know the Zippo Hand Warmer, available in 12-Hour & 6-Hour models. When you’re outdoors, you’re focused. Whether you are hunting, fishing, camping, or simply enjoying ice time with your buds, you don’t want distractions like cold hands.
My Hand Warmer isn’t getting very hot, what do I do?
- Carefully, to avoid getting burned, check the burner. It should fit tightly.
- The burner may not have ignited properly. Repeat the lighting instructions.
- Make sure there is enough lighter fluid in the Hand Warmer. Lighter fluid will evaporate even when Hand Warmer is not in use.
- The burner might need replacing. Burners need replacing after approximately 70 uses.
How do I stop my Hand Warmer from heating?
Once the Zippo 12-Hour Hand Warmer is ignited there is no way to stop the heating action. If necessary, place the Hand Warmer in the bag and place on a fireproof surface until the fuel is exhausted and the Hand Warmer is cool to the touch.
Does the Hand Warmer need oxygen to operate?
Yes. The Zippo Hand Warmer requires oxygen for the heating process to occur. The bag regulates the amount of oxygen. Do not use it without the provided bag because it will get too hot.
Do I have to use the provided bag?
Yes. The bag regulates the amount of oxygen and in doing so regulates the temperature of the Hand Warmer. Without the bag the Hand Warmer may get to hot and could cause injury or fire.
How long does one fill last or how often does it need refilled?
- The 6-Hour Hand Warmer, when filled with fuel using the plastic cup filled to the lower line, will heat up to 6 hours. It may stay lit slightly less or longer depending on many factors. Always be sure the Hand Warmer is cool to the touch before storing. Place it on a fireproof surface if it is still warm.
- The 12-Hour Hand Warmer, when filled with fuel using the plastic cup filled to the upper line, will heat up to 12 hours. You can also fill the plastic cup to the lower line and it will provide heat for up to 6 hours. It may stay lit slightly less or longer depending on many factors. Always be sure the Hand Warmer is cool to the touch before storing. Place it on a fireproof surface if it is still warm.